Ham Rolls of Awesomeness
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- For the Dough:
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour (or 1/2 Whole Wheat & 1/2 White)
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 cup Flour (Maybe a little more if its still wet)
- 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar
- 10 to 15 Slices of Good Quality Sliced Ham
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Few Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Heat milk, melted butter and sugar until warm (like baby bath temperature, shouldn't burn your wrist at all).
- Then, sprinkle on top the active dry yeast.
- Let it sit for 1 minute.
- Next, mix in the flour and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Now mix in the baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and flour until well combined and then turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, about 1/2 in thick.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on, then evenly distribute the Italian Dressing.
- Next, layer the Ham slices over the rectangle of dough.
- Starting at the long side, carefully roll the dough into a long tube, just like with a cinnamon roll.
- Now, preheat your oven to 180 c (375 f) and get out a couple of rectangular baking pans. Drizzle the olive oil in the bottom of the pans. Maybe add a few little chunks of butter in there too. You’re only making these once a year remember… so make ‘em good!
- Slice into 2 inch pieces, and place into your pan. Press a little piece of butter into the middle of each roll with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until they are lightly browned on top.
- Happy Ham-Roll New Year!
Read more about this chef..
CommunityEats is about ACTIVATING women to use their everyday activities and spaces to BRAVELY LOVE those around them. Women carry the love of Jesus in simple and beautiful ways…
Subscribe to Blog via Email
bacon breakfast cheatday chicken chocolate christmas clean coconut coffee cookies crossfit dairyfree dairy free dessert easy eatclean fall feedacrowd gather gluten free healthy Holiday kiddo kiddos lifestyle lu main dish masimeals meat paleo pumpkin salad salads sides smoothie smoothies summer thanksgiving treat treats veggie veggies whatsfordinner whole30 workout